Mental and Behavioral Health

Overview: Mental and Behavioral Health Resources are those that contribute to one’s overall mental well-being.

ORS 109.675: Youth are allowed to access outpatient services on their own if they are age 14 or older, emancipated or under age 18 and legally married. However, the provider is expected to involve a parent or legal caregiver unless it is against the provider’s best judgement to do so.

(1) A minor 14 years of age or older may obtain, without parental knowledge or consent, outpatient diagnosis or treatment of a mental or emotional disorder or a chemical dependency, excluding methadone maintenance, by a physician or physician assistant licensed by the Oregon Medical Board, a psychologist licensed by the Oregon Board of Psychology, a nurse practitioner registered by the Oregon State Board of Nursing, a clinical social worker licensed by the State Board of Licensed Social Workers, a professional counselor or marriage and family therapist licensed by the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists, a naturopathic physician licensed by the Oregon Board of Naturopathic Medicine or a community mental health program established and operated pursuant to ORS 430.620 (Establishment of community mental health and developmental disabilities programs by one or more counties) when approved to do so by the Oregon Health Authority pursuant to rule.

(2) However, the person providing treatment shall have the parents of the minor involved before the end of treatment unless the parents refuse or unless there are clear clinical indications to the contrary, which shall be documented in the treatment record. The provisions of this subsection do not apply to:

(a) A minor who has been sexually abused by a parent; or

(b) An emancipated minor, whether emancipated under the provisions of ORS 109.510 (Age of majority) and 109.520 (Majority of married persons) or 419B.550 (Definitions for ORS 419B.550 to 419B.558) to 419B.558 (Entry of judgment of emancipation) or, for the purpose of this section only, emancipated by virtue of having lived apart from the parents or legal guardian while being self-sustaining for a period of 90 days prior to obtaining treatment as provided by this section. [1985 c.525 §1; 1989 c.721 §47; 1993 c.546 §137; 1997 c.249 §38; 2009 c.442 §30; 2009 c.595 §71; 2013 c.178 §1; 2014 c.45 §13; 2017 c.6 §1; 2017 c.356 §6]

Central Oregon Mental Health Provider Directory

The Central Oregon Mental Health Provider Directory is a resource directory that includes many of the mental health providers in the Central Oregon area as well as provider specializations and payment options.- Resource database with mental health providers...

read more

Drishti Bend

Dritshti Bend provides mental health and limited individualized substance use treatment options.- Mental health and limited substance use disorder assessments (doesn't offer substance use treatment but rather individualized plans to low-risk youth who engage in...

read more

Brightways Counseling

Brightways Counseling provides substance use and mental health disorder treatment and support to adults and youth in the Central Oregon area.- Mental health and substance use disorder assessments - Counseling/therapy1435 NE 4th Street, Bend OR 97701 - MapMonday –...

read more

Deschutes County Stabilization Center

Deschutes County Stabilization Center provides a safe place for those experiencing mental health crises to receive immediate support and connections or referrals to other resources. Walk-ins are welcome.- Immediate crisis support (walk-in welcome) - A safe place...

read more


FirstStep is a mobile app that provides mental health educational resources and services as well as connections to SafeOregon, which provides an anonymous space to tip authorities with perceived safety threats.- Educational mental health resources - Links to other...

read more

NAMI of Central Oregon

NAMI of Central Oregon is a mental health advocacy and awareness organization that works to promote mental well-being through education and support.Support:- Family support groups- Connection/peer support groups Advocacy:- NAMI In Our Own Voice presentation- NAMI...

read more

La Pine Community Health Center – Behavioral Health

La Pine Community Health Center offers behavioral health services through Behavioral Health Consultants (BHC). BHC's may work with a provider at La Pine Community Health Center to address holistic or whole health needs, ranging from physical, emotional, mental, and...

read more

Deschutes County Behavioral Health

Deschutes County Behavioral Health provides mental health and substance use services to those in Deschutes County and Gilchrist. Deschutes County Behavioral Health works primarily with those on the Oregon Health Plan (OHP), but everyone is encouraged to reach out.-...

read more


YouthLine is a free, confidential, teen-to-teen crisis help support hotline. Teens can call, text, chat, or email and talk to a trained teen about a variety of mental health crises including suicide, abuse, stress, self-injury, and more. No problem is too big or too...

read more